THERE ARE 3 WAYS TO CHARGE YOUR SHERPA 50:
The Sherpa 50 can be charged by connecting a compatible solar panel (see the chart below for solar compatibility).
The Sherpa 50 can be charged by being plugged into a regular wall outlet.
The Sherpa 50 can also be charged by plugging into your car 12V adapter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Q: How do I know the Sherpa 50 is turned on?
- A: Push the power button below the LCD batter monitor and it will light up.
- Q: How do I know if I have a full charge?
- A: The LCD battery monitor displays charge level in 20% increments. If all areas are shaded and the top segment says “Full” then it is charged up and ready to go.
- Q: Is the Sherpa 50 waterproof?
- A: No. Although the Sherpa 50 is durable, you will want to protect it from elements. Make sure the ports are dry before using the device.
- Q: Can I take the Sherpa 50 on an airplane?
- A: Yes, the Sherpa 50 meets all requirements for carry-on and is perfect for keeping your devices charged on long flights. Please check with airline for current regulation.
- Q: How long can the Sherpa 50 hold its charge?
- A: It can hold its charge for several months. However, to keep the battery healthy and ready to go, we recommend that you leave your Sherpa 50 plugged in between uses. If this is not possible, charge it every 3-4 months.
- Q: What type of battery is used in the Sherpa 50?
- A: Lithium-ion NMC. It has these advantages: stores more energy; smaller and lighter watt for watt; and retains its charge even after months of storage.
- Q: Can I chain multiple Sherpas together?
- A: Yes. You can chain two Sherpas together through the sidecar port. See video for details.
- Q: Why did the Sherpa 50 turn off automatically?
- A: The Sherpa 50 has a built-in feature that turns the unit off after a period of inactivity. This saves power. To override this mode and keep it in “always on” mode, simply hold down the power button for about 10 seconds. A small “ON” icon will appear in the upper left side of the LCD battery monitor if you are in “always on” mode. In this case, it will only turn off if it runs out of power or you turn it off.
THE SHERPA 50 POWERS YOUR DEVICE IN 3 WAYS:
The USB port best charges all your medium USB powered devices.
Use the included laptop tips to power your laptop without the need of the laptop wall charger. For Apple Laptop products, we strongly recommend using the Sherpa 100 Power Pack for the best performance.
Plug in your device just as you would to the wall with the removable inverter. (sold separately)
Some laptops like the MacBook Air 13in and Surface Pro3 requiring 1A, are not compatible with the Sherpa Inverter. The Sherpa Inverter is rated at .7A.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO CHARGE YOUR DEVICE FROM GOAL ZERO POWER PACKS?
It takes the same amount of time to charge your device from a Goal Zero power pack as it does from the wall.
LONG TERM STORAGE
For long-term storage (up to a year), charge the Sherpa 50 to 50% full, then remove the fuse, and store in a cool place.